The ultimate solution for an inexpensive, problem-free move
Are you changing apartments or condominiums? Are you moving into a senior residence? Are you moving out of a shared apartment or into a furnished apartment? Do you have a heavy, bulky item you need to move? Regardless of your reason for moving, if you don’t have much to move, you may very well be tempted to handle your move yourself by renting a small moving van and asking your friends and family for help. But be careful! That’s not necessarily the most affordable or the least stressful solution, even for a small move!
If you only have a few things to move, for example, some boxes, some furniture or maybe a few appliances, a heavy item or something like a piano or antique buffet that requires special handling, to ensure your peace of mind, why not call on the services of a professional company?
What exactly is a small move?
Unless you’re in the moving business, the term “small move” will probably seem vague to you. And understandably so! While there are no official rules for defining the conditions that qualify a move as a small move or minor move, professional companies have their own criteria, depending on what they’ll be transporting. Any of the following might constitute a small move:
- The contents of a small apartment, a studio or a one-bedroom condominium
- A few boxes
- A few pieces of furniture
- One or two heavy items, such as a sofa or a household appliance
- A single item that is extremely heavy or complex, such as a piano, spa or pool table
- The delivery of appliances or furniture (a sofa, bookcase, kitchen buffet, etc.)
A minor move may involve a long distance or a short distance, including within the same neighborhood or even the same building.
Groupe STC inc.: your ultimate solution for an inexpensive, problem-free move
Don’t risk injuring yourself or damaging your furniture or the walls of your residence. Our teams of expert movers will transport and deliver all of your belongings safely and securely without damaging anything. What’s more, we have all the special equipment (mats, covers, harnesses, etc.) that’s necessary to move your furniture and personal items smoothly, efficiently and meticulously.
To ensure that your small move is a big success, here are some tips you can put into practice:
- Start your preparations several months in advance.
- Sort through your belongings. Over the years, you’ve undoubtedly accumulated clothing and other items you no longer use. Your move presents an ideal opportunity to get rid of all the things you don’t want. As a result, you’ll have fewer boxes to transport. Consider donating your unwanted clothing and other items to a nearby community center.
- Opt for boxes of varying sizes and fill the largest ones with your lightest things and the smallest ones with your heaviest things.
- Choose wardrobe boxes so you can protect your nicest clothes, such as suits and dresses, by transporting them on hangers.
- Start by packing non-essential items, such as books and decorations.
- Carefully label your boxes, including a brief description of the contents and the room where they belong.
For Groupe STC inc., no move is too small or too ordinary! If you need an inexpensive small move, contact us today! It would be our pleasure to manage your move with utmost quality and professionalism.